Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tire Gardening

I found a way to use the old tires I had around the back yard. They are now containers for my vegetables and flowers. I put good soil in them, stacked two or three high, and planted. For some reason the plants grow so well in them. They provide shelter from the wind, and animals can't easily get to the plants. Also, for me it's easier to use them because they are raised up so I don't have to bend down so much.

So, today Jeanetta and Katy bought me two lavendar plants and a trailing rose plant and some chinese lights for the porch. I wasted no time putting the plants in the soil. I planted one lavendar and the rose in the back yard, and one lavendar in the front yard in a container. I also mowed the lawn today and watered it. It looks good.

So, Mother's Day is going to be great, as I go out and look at my new plants tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!

No comments: