Saturday, January 8, 2011

NATIVE PLANTS ALIVE!

I have been keeping an eye on the native plants I bought last summer. They are alive and apparently well, in spite of the infrequent waterings, and not much rain or snow to speak of. I find it hard to hook the hose up and get out there with the arctic temperatures we've had in December, continuing on this month. I should water the wild birds at least. I am an expert at procrastination.

I have plenty of plans for things to do in the garden this spring. I just can't wait!! I need to expand the planting area for one thing, and spread the compost when I dig the garden up.

I love summer and the daily ritual of going out to water my plants. I'm looking for a small rustic looking table and two chairs to put out there this summer in my meditation spot, which is also a place to hide when things get too rambunctious in the house, as when I have company.

So, I hope to be back with some nice pictures come April after I make some improvements.

No comments: