Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Is Here!!

It appears that spring is here. A sign of spring in New Mexico is the wind and dust which lasts for about a month. I hope April will bring the end to it!

I had forgotten that a friend gave my daughter many packets of flower seeds last summer, and instead of buying many plants, I will plant these seeds. I am going to Walmart to get a big bag of potting soil this week, and I will mainly plant in containers. Last summer, with the dry conditions and heat, I used containers all around my front yard and everything grew well.

I grew moonflowers in a container. The vines spread up my porch lattice and the flowers were beautiful. I want to plant those again. I am thinking about planting herbs also.

So, I hopefully will post some pictures here of my beautiful flowers this summer. Wish me luck.

No comments: