Friday, July 16, 2010

Garden and Homeschool News-On the garden front there is quite a bit to talk about. Most of my plants have made it through the hot summer. I have a mystery plant continuing to grow in my compost. It gets taller by the day! I am going to post it here later to see if anyone can tell me what it is. I have one squash plant that's thriving! That one plant will be plenty for us.

We had a great rain last night. It was wonderful to listen to the thunder and rain on the roof. There isn't a better sound when you live in the southwest!!

I've found two surprise animals in the garden in the past month-a huge toad sitting in my bird water, and a water snake under it, when I picked it up to empty it. Seeing snakes is rare around here. It was a scare at first!

On the homeschool front_I am still going to help Jen with Billy so I want to start looking for curriculum. Last year we accomplished a lot in math. This year I want to do more in writing too.

No comments: