Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Style of Teaching

I will explain what our daily schedule was in this blog. First of all, I had a day planner. I would sit down weekly and go over subjects and create lesson plans and projects. We alternated subjects during the week. Our school started at 8:00AM and would usually end at noon. I would sit with my daughter, explain the lesson and then have her complete an assignment or worksheet. We had tests also, on a weekly basis. On some days we would just watch PBS or a video to cover science, history, etc. Also field trips were considered lessons.

In New Mexico we are required to keep an attendance record. I printed these forms off of various sites provided by other homeschoolers, and each day I would update and file the attendance information.

No comments: